You must try these delicious Lettuce Cup Tacos! Replacing the tortilla with lettuce cups will lower the amount of calories by 150-300calories per taco. The organic Salsa used in this recipe instead of taco seasoning also lowers your sodium intake. This recipe uses nonfat plain Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream to lower sugar, fat and increase protein. One taco is 4oz of beef. We’ve added this yummy Lettuce Cup Tacos recipe to The Hollywood Trainer Club! Try it! You can find this recipe in the Meals section under Recipes A-Z just type Lettuce Cup Tacos in the search box & you’ll find it!
- 1 pound 95% lean organic ground beef
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa
- 4 leaves of Romaine Lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced, or 1/2 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook in a prewarmed medium skillet on medium heat until the beef is browned, then remove from heat and drain off any excess fat.
- Clean skillet, add beef, organic salsa and warm over medium-high heat
- Take one lettuce leaf and mound the beef mixture, cheese, yogurt, diced tomatoes and fold from top and bottom to form the taco
This recipe is also in the club with over 150 more healthy delicious recipes and weekly meal plans. Log into the club www.TheHollywoodTrainerClub.com clickMeals then Recipes A-Z then type in Lettuce Cup Tacos.
10 Day Summer Body Blast Challenge!
Congratulations to everyone that is participating in the 10 Day Body Blast Challenge. We are in our second week so let’s keep it going. We love all of the messages that you have been posting on the Community wall. Just a reminder that you can ask Jeanette any of your fitness or nutrition questions in the Community Section of The Club. She answers questions every week on the Community wall!
The 10 Day Summer Body Blast will remain in the Virtual Gym in The club so that you can do it anytime. Whenever you need a kick butt workout plan that will keep you motivated, committed and consistent for 10 days just log into The Club clickExercise, then click Virtual Gym and select the tab that says 10 Day Summer Body Blast. There’s also a tab for beginners! If you are new to working out clickBeginner Workouts in the Virtual Gym. We have put together the best of Jeanette’s beginner workouts just for you. No excuses! There’s a workout for everyone in The Hollywood Trainer Club!