Eggology Egg White French Toast with Peach Berry Compote
French Toast is one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes but the additional calories from egg yolks, butter, milk and syrup used in traditional recipes can add up to 550 to 1000 calories per serving. Just 1/4 cup of maple syrup is 210 calories and most people use at least 1/2 a cup of syrup on their French Toast which is 420 calories. Try this delicious Eggology Egg White French Toast with Peach Berry Compote! Just substitute organic whole wheat bread for the usual white bread, use some Eggology Liquid Egg Whites to pump up the protein, and top with a fresh peach berry compote instead of syrup. One serving of two slices of French Toast with 1/2 cup of peach berry compote is only 318calories and 20grams of protein. Can you say Guilt Free French Toast! We’ve added this yummy recipe to The Hollywood Trainer Club! Try it! You can find this recipe in the Meals section under Recipes A-Z just type Eggology Egg White French Toast with Peach Berry Compote in the search box & you’ll find it!
Ingredients for Compote:
- 1 cup of Peaches
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 cup of Strawberries
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1tbsp of Cinnamon
Ingredients for French Toast:
- 6 slices of Organic Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 1/2 cups of Eggology Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp of Cinnamon
- 3 tsp of Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- For the compote place freshly squeezed orange juice, peaches, strawberries, blueberries and cinnamon in a medium pot
- Stir continuously over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place compote to the side to cool
- In a medium sized bowl combine Eggology Liquid Egg Whites, vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix together
- Place each piece of bread into the mixture for 30 to 60 secs.
- Coat pan with Coconut Oil Cooking Spray and turn to medium heat
- Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Place two slices of french toast onto a plate and top with the Peach Berry Compote
- Sprinkle 1tsp of organic powder sugar on top, garnish with mint and enjoy
This recipe is also in the club with over 135 more healthy delicious recipes and weekly meal plans. Log into the club www.TheHollywoodTrainerClub.com click Meals then Recipes A-Z then type in Eggology Egg White French Toast with Peach Berry Compote.