1) Schedule your workouts in advance in your smartphone just like any other important meeting, this is the meeting for your health.
2) Change your perspective & view exercise as an opportunity to improve your health and decrease your risk of illness. You will always feel better after you are finished your workout so remember that even if you don’t feel like going now, you will feel great when you are done!
3) Make a motivational playlist of music with some of your favorite songs. Here are 10 of my favorite workout songs, make a playlist and give them a try!
“Just Like Fire” by P!nk
“Freedom” by Beyonce
“In Common” by Alicia Keys
“Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
“Waka Waka” by Shakira
“Light It Up” by Major Lazor, Nyla, Fuse ODG
“WTF Where They From” by Missy Elliott
“Don’t Stop ’Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson
“Sleepless” by Cazzette
“Dance Off” (feat Idris Elba & Anderson. Paak) by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
4) Workout Buddy & Support Community. Join a Community, like the Eggology Facebook page, The Hollywood Trainer Club, a local running club, a local gym, follow your favorite fitness inspiration or another supportive community. When you share your experiences with other people, you can grow and learn together. You can motivate each other to stick to your workouts and push each other to do your best in each workout.
5) Take on an exercise challenge. A designated time period like a 10, 20 or 30 day challenge so you are committed to a program for a length of time. Challenges can help you stay committed to your daily workouts.
6) Do workouts that you enjoy! If you enjoy your workout there is a greater chance that you will stay committed & consistent
7) Allow yourself to be a beginner and to progress. We all have to work hard at achieving our goals. Each time you complete your workout, you will be improving in your fitness parameters (cardio, strength, endurance, flexibility, etc.) Stay committed and consistent and you will achieve your goals!