The Hollywood Trainer’s Black Friday to Cyber Monday Sale starts NOW! All DVDs at www.TheHollywoodTrainer.com are 50% off from today until Cyber Monday, November 28th. Get 50% off Jeanette’s top selling workouts like Bikini Bootcamp2, Power Yoga, Cardio Kickboxing, Blast the Belly Fat and more!
7 Healthy Holiday Tips
The holidays are here and it’s time to see the people you love and care about as well as celebrate all that you’ve accomplished this year. Staying active through the holidays will
- increase your energy levels
- strengthen your immune system putting you at less risk of getting sick
- give you a boost of endorphins so you feel less stressed and full of joy
and much more. Here are 7 Tips to keep you on track this holiday season.
1. Make the choice to see the positive in every situation this holiday. Don’t stress over the small stuff. If you look for the bad you will have a bad experience. If you look for the good you will have a good experience. The choice is yours!
2. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water before your meal. We tend to eat larger portion sizes when dehydrated.
3. If you’re going out for drinks, order water or iced tea for the first round. By the time you finish, your friends may have already finished two or three cocktails, while you’ve saved yourself 500 to 600 calories. And sometimes you’ll be so into the entertainment of everyone else, you might not even want a drink by then!
4. Make it a family affair. Get active with your family members by doing a fun workout together like Cardio Kickboxing or a fun activity like ice skating or even just a walk around the neighborhood.
5. Eat your veggies first. Don’t dive right into carbs! Start with a green salad followed by protein, and then go for another vegetable. Save a treat-size portion of carbohydrates for last. When you have stuffing or mac ‘n’ cheese, have a half cup or full cup — no more.
6. Offer healthy spins on holiday favorites. When it comes to sweet potatoes, people always want to add marshmallows and brown sugar. Enjoy some fresh sweet potatoes, and don’t add anything. Instead of a broccoli cheese casserole, opt for broccoli with shaved almonds flavored with chicken broth.
7. If it’s too cold outside, find an online exercise program to do at home. There’s so much fitness instruction available on social media and the Internet. Use it to your advantage. I created an online club, The Hollywood Trainer Club, where I have 330 workouts and challenges! I even do the workouts myself in a small space — either an office or a hotel room if I’m traveling. Not only do at-home workouts let you avoid the cold, but you save time by not having to commute to the gym. Best of all, there’s no worrying about your outfit when you’re working up a sweat in the living room!
We are currently in our 30 Day Ab Challenge and it’s never too late to join us! All 30 Days of workouts that you can play from your phone, iPad, tablet or computer are in the Virtual Gym in The Club all you have to do in log in and get started! Our club membership is only $19.99 a month so no excuses, get started today!