Recipe of the Month
Halibut With Mango Salsa
Here’s a great recipe that adds color to your summer BBQ plate! The mango salsa gives great flavor to the halibut (or chicken if you don’t eat fish), and due to the density of the halibut, you will definitely feel satisfied when you are finished eating.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ½ small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, combine the mango, red pepper, tomato, green onion, ginger, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Season the fish filets lightly with sea salt or Himalayan salt and pepper. Place in a nonstick baking dish. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until flesh is white and opaque. Drizzle the mango salsa over the fish and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
357 calories – 46g protein – 29g carbohydrates – 4g fiber – 5g fat – 416mg sodium
More great recipes for every season can be found in my book, “21 Days to Make Healthy Living a Lifetime Habit”, which you can buy here.